The Tree - a Poem

 

The Tree - a Poem

The Tree

 

How strong is the trunk of hardwood

That holds each branch of this tree?

How glorious are the boughs

Now reaching out to me?

 

The tentacles are endless.

As they radiate out over time,

They tell the story of us.

Always gentle and not unkind.

 

How wondrous are the tales

That speaks out loud to me.

How curious am I to know

A history that begs to be seen.

 

The limbs are far-reaching,

And, of course, they all know.

This hearty tree is golden.

Telling truths to my very soul.

 

No burned bush is this.

That bends each arm to me.

How glorious are the branches,

That allowed me to be.

                        Yes, this is my family tree.

~d.lawrence


©Copyright applied. All Rights Reserved.

Photo Courtesy of Adarsh Kummur


More poems by d.lawrence can be found in the book:

Looking In from Outside: Poetry & Prose, which can be purchased at most local bookstores. 


Click here to purchase this book from Amazon:

Click here to purchase this book from Barnes & Noble


1 comment:

Please Subscribe, or leave a Comment for this post. When leaving your comment, please write your FIRST name only within the comment (e.g. [your first name], I love this photo). It is against our blogging policy to include LAST names. Make sure your Email/URL is listed next to "Comment as". Then click the "Publish" button. We ask that you please follow this format. Thank you.