Make It Stop


Domestic Abuse

Make It Stop 

I go on crying for hours at a time.

Nothing works, nothing hurts

Nothing moves inside.

Can’t do nothing but hope

This will be all right.

 

How can I love you,

When you beat me

How can I want you,

When you beat me

 

It’s agony wondering what to do.

I can’t think, I can’t move

And I blame myself.

Can’t do nothing but want

To be somewhere else.

 

How many times did I hurt you?

When did I ever push you

HARD?

How many times did I curse you?

When will these bruises …

FADE?

 

I only know what I must do.

Knowing full well

I’ll never escape you.

All I know is that I’m worth

More than this.

 

How can I love you,

When you beat me

How can I trust you,

When you…

beat me.

 

~lyrics and poem by donna lawrence


Photo Courtesy of Sydney Sims

©Copyright 2005 d.lawrence. All Rights Reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Subscribe, or leave a Comment for this post. When leaving your comment, please write your FIRST name only within the comment (e.g. [your first name], I love this photo). It is against our blogging policy to include LAST names. Make sure your Email/URL is listed next to "Comment as". Then click the "Publish" button. We ask that you please follow this format. Thank you.