Gaining from Tribulations

 

Tribulations


Gaining from Tribulations

 

When did I grow old 'er? Some of us lament. When was it I realized that for every five steps I take forward, there are three I take back? When did the words persevere, grit, fortitude, endure, and overcome become a mantra I recite each morning when I wake? Rest, relax, don’t lose heart; this too will pass, and yes, tomorrow is another day; these words seem so obviously cliched.

Cement is a hard substance that weeds tend to break. Shattering the notion that strength, willfulness, is an achievement. The ability to see past tomorrow has its merit.

So moving forward, I must. 

If I stop, I might fall. Failure is not an option. Gaining from tribulation is something I must gloat about. I take with glee the ability to rise above my trials. Winds may blow, waters may rise, fires might rage, lifting smoke to the sky, but I remain.

Until my last breath, I will hold firm to the thought that standing strong, unbending, yet soft is the way to plant myself, chart my path, and leave a legacy of being just who I am.


~ d.lawrence




©Copyright 2022 d.lawrence. All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Subscribe, or leave a Comment for this post. When leaving your comment, please write your FIRST name only within the comment (e.g. [your first name], I love this photo). It is against our blogging policy to include LAST names. Make sure your Email/URL is listed next to "Comment as". Then click the "Publish" button. We ask that you please follow this format. Thank you.