Loss and Grief

 

Loss of a Friend

Loss of a Friend

 

My soul took flight last night,

To journey with a friend.

A friend I had not seen in years,

To wander without end.

 

We walked on clouds above the moon.

We spoke earnestly and long.

We talked of nothing and everything,

Of unrealized dreams and songs.

 

All too soon, the visit’s done,

Imagine my surprise.

When once I woke to discover,

They’d vanished before my eyes.

 

I do not mourn because I know,

Whenever I’m in need,

I close my eyes, and I’m with them,

To smile sweet memories

 

...Of days and friends gone by.

 

~d.lawrence

 

 

 

 

 

Copyright protected. All rights reserved.

Photo Courtesy of Annie Spratt

(imagined blur - done by the author)


2 comments:

  1. Delia. A beautiful and poignant poem which is so true about our friend. Today and today have been hard, but I have ket my mind on all of the positive and loving interactions we have had since childhood. I grew up at her hous as much as mine. I will miss her terribly but the memories are the silver lining and keep joy in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This poem can be applied to so many we have loved and lost. I pray we find peace in the knowledge that, as you say, "memories are the silver lining" that keeps joy in our hearts after they are gone. So well said and so very true.Thank you.

      Delete

Please Subscribe, or leave a Comment for this post. When leaving your comment, please write your FIRST name only within the comment (e.g. [your first name], I love this photo). It is against our blogging policy to include LAST names. Make sure your Email/URL is listed next to "Comment as". Then click the "Publish" button. We ask that you please follow this format. Thank you.